dasdfasdfasdfgasdfgasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdfsdfasdfsdfsdfsdf

4.17.2009

Weekend Wrap-up and a WIP

This has been quite the busy week! On Monday the first of our RSVP cards showed up in the mail. (I've received seven back so far, only one of which was a "regretfully declines"!) Then Tuesday, Smarty and I had our last money management session with the financial planner. That has been one of the best investments of our planning time and I would highly recommend it to any couple getting married. On Wednesday night, my mom and I attended The Wedding Salon Mini Bootcamp on Miami Beach. After our post-work run yesterday, Smarty and I got together for our traditional Thursday TV fare (My Name is Earl, The Office, 30 Rock). Just so that the night wasn't completely wedding-planning free, we compiled our invite list for the Rehearsal Dinner during commercial breaks. :o)

The weekend will be just as busy, I'm sure. Tomorrow after my morning run, I'll head home to (hopefully) wrap up a handful of DIY works in progress: the drink menu, aisle runner, seating card tree, and lacy luminarias. Then I'll be getting together with my training group to celebrate finishing the ING Miami Marathon (almost three months after the fact). Better late than never, right? As of now, the only things on the slate for Sunday are church, yet another bridal show, and The Amazing Race.



Here are a couple of photos of the drink menu that I've been working on. (The shadow box and decorative paper are from Martha's collection at Michaels, of course!) I'm not quite happy with the layout and spacing of things just yet. I also plan on adding a little extra dimension by placing pop dots between the menu and background. What do you think?

What are you looking forward to this weekend? Whatever it is, I hope you have a great time! :o)


2 comments:

  1. Hey girlie,

    I love love love these. They are too cute! What did you cut the brown cardstock with?

    -Laura (LLauRRa on Weddingbee)
    http://artsybride.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laura! It's actually a Martha Stewart shadow box I found at Michaels. They come in a couple of colors/patterns and in a few shapes/sizes. She comes out with the best stuff!

    ReplyDelete

_______________________________________________________

Powered by Blogger | Designed by Marissa Jacobs

©2009-2011, craftylovessmarty. All rights reserved.

link to Hit Counter Download