dasdfasdfasdfgasdfgasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdfsdfasdfsdfsdfsdf

5.11.2009

Double-loop ribbon closure



I know it sounds silly, but one of the hardest decisions I had to make regarding our invitations was how to close the pocketfold. I hemmed and hawed between square cardstock seals and vellum bellybands for what seemed like a week! As simple of a decision as it should have been, neither of those two options seemed quite right to me. At the last minute, I decided on ribbon, which provided just the touch of texture and elegance that I was hoping for!

Here are quick and easy instructions for the double-loop closure that I used.

Here's what I used to make them:
  • Ribbon (sheer, lightweight types work best)
  • Adhesive tape runner
Here's how I made them:

1. Cut a length of ribbon approximately 4 times the width of the pocketfold. (Mine were 5" wide, so I used a 20" length of ribbon.)

2. Center the pocketfold over the ribbon on a table. With one hand, make a loop at one end of the ribbon, making sure that the cut end is facing out.


3. With your other hand, feed the opposite end of the ribbon through the loop that you have created.



4. Pull the cut ends away from each other to form interlocking loops. Pull snugly and hold.



5. Carefully turn the pocketfold over and lay flat on the table. With the adhesive tape runner, apply a ½" strip of tape to one end of the ribbon. Secure the ribbon to itself at the back of the pocketfold. Repeat for the other side.



6. Turn the pocketfold over, adjust the positioning of the "knot"... and admire your work!

I told you it was quick and easy! ;o)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for these instructions! I've been wanting to do this but couldn't figure out how it would work.

    P.S. That was me begging you for instructions for this on weddingbee today, lol. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'd actually taken the photos the same day you first asked, but got sidetracked before I could post them.

    Sorry it took so long! :o)

    ReplyDelete

_______________________________________________________

Powered by Blogger | Designed by Marissa Jacobs

©2009-2011, craftylovessmarty. All rights reserved.

link to Hit Counter Download