dasdfasdfasdfgasdfgasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdfsdfasdfsdfsdfsdf

5.04.2009

FAN-tastic favors


Alright, the wait's over! Those little tags that I shared over the weekend are for... our sandalwood fans! I purchased 50 of them on sale through The Knot shortly after Smarty and I got engaged. They were actually my first wedding-related purchase, if you don't count that copy of Martha Stewart Weddings. At the time, I knew that our date would likely be in June. While we hadn't yet decided on a venue, we definitely wanted it to be outdoors. So, in an effort to keep our fairer guests cool while we say "I do", we'll be providing these fans. I think they'll make a much nicer alternative to them flapping our ceremony programs!

Here's what I used to make them:

1. Martha Stewart Crafts cardstock in "Putty"
2. Martha Stewart Crafts "Wedding Cake" stamp set
3. Craft Smart pigment ink pad in "Chocolate Brown"
4. Clear acrylic stamp blocks
5. Marvy Uchida 1/8" hole punch (Oops! Wrong project! )
6. Seam binding in "Fuchsia" from Caramelos
7. Cotton crochet thread in "Natural"
8. "George and Basic Shapes" Cricut cartridge

Here's how I made them:

1. On a 6"x12" piece of cardstock, use Cricut to cut 1 1/2" circles using the "shadow blackout" and "charm" functions. (These settings will yield 40 tags on this size of paper.)

2. Select desired stamp and adhere to acrylic block. Stamp design onto tags.

3. Allow tags to dry before removing from backing. Repeat step 2 on reverse, if desired.

4. Holding it at an angle, lightly "swipe" the pigment ink pad along the edges of both sides of each tag to give dimension and an "aged" look.

5. Cut a 4" length of crochet thread, feed through tag's loop, and knot the ends.

6. Cut an 8" length of seam binding, attach it to the fan's metal loop, and tie in a bow.

7. Add a tag to each fan... and VoilĂ !

Are you providing your guests with anything special to use during your ceremony?

3 comments:

  1. I thought I recognized those stamps as Martha Stewart acrylics! I'm sure you saw my post about my RSVPs. What kind of ink did you use? I'm not sure if it's the ink or the paper, but the outer edges of your letters have a nice "outlined" look that I really love. Mine haven't turned out that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cute tags...and what a sweet idea and gift for your guests. I couldnt believe I found the dress...I even tried it on 4 more times after I tried on other dresses...I wanted to be sure...and I was! It's beautiful. And it def does lift the nerves! I saw that you left the comment on Weddingbee too! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those turned out very cute!
    I think I need a cricut!!

    ReplyDelete

_______________________________________________________

Powered by Blogger | Designed by Marissa Jacobs

©2009-2011, craftylovessmarty. All rights reserved.

link to Hit Counter Download