dasdfasdfasdfgasdfgasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdfsdfasdfsdfsdfsdf

5.20.2009

Goodie! Two shoes!


These days, it’s not uncommon to hear of brides with various two’s… be it two veils or two dresses. The idea is to wear one (usually the more traditional style) during the ceremony and change into the other (oftentimes more modern) for the reception. Every girl has her own reason for the quick change, be it a call for comfort or a passion for fashion.

Well, while I haven’t yet decided on all of my wedding day accessories, I do know that in at least one way I will be a “two” bride. My two’s will be my shoes! (Considering my recent posts, aren’t you glad I didn’t say “cakes”? Ha!)


Ever since laying eyes on the July/August ’08 issue of BRIDES, I knew that I wanted to rock a pair of fuchsia peep-toe heels under my wedding gown. I’d previously become smitten with photographs from real weddings, where happy couples playfully reveal their fun and funky footwear, ranging from colorful argyle socks to well-worn cowboy boots. At 5’1”, I’m much too short (and no where near brave enough) to strut down the aisle in my favorite pair of Chuck Taylors. I could definitely pull off the lovely look featured on the cover of BRIDES, though!

Immediately, I thumbed through the magazine, searching for the source of those gorgeous satin slingbacks. Never having been one to indulge in high-end fashion, I didn’t immediately recognize the designer’s name: Christian Louboutin. It wasn’t long before I realized that, with a $795 price tag, I probably wouldn’t be walking around in Mr. Louboutin’s red-soled lovelies on my Big Day. So began my search for pink, peep-toe substitutes.

After browsing the likes of J. Crew, Piperlime, Nordstrom and Macy’s, I finally found an acceptable substitute on Zappos: Kate Spade’s Loupe sandals in fuchsia. The only problem was that, even with the site’s discount, the shoes were running in the range of $230. Hmm. I only spend half that much on my running shoes, and they last me a good 500 miles. There was simply no way that I could justify spending so much on a pair of shoes! (But, oh, how I LOVED them!)



One afternoon, I stopped by my local Marshalls with the hopes of adding to the collection of antiqued mercury glass vases that would serve as centerpiece containers during the reception. Walking past the shoe section, something caught my eye. A pair of ivory satin peep-toe pumps from Mootsies Tootsies with pleated detailing across the forefoot and an oval rhinestone buckle.

Glancing at the sticker on the bottom of the display model, I was surprised to see that they were $16.99! I tried them on and they fit perfectly. Granted, these weren’t Christian Louboutins (or Kate Spades for that matter) but they were a great deal and could always be dyed. So I bought them and breathed a sigh of relief. I could finally check shoes off of my list!


Well, just a couple of months later, I received an e-mail announcing the upcoming sales on Gilt Groupe. I’ll give you one guess as to what would be featured that afternoon. Of course! Kate Spade shoes. Though I didn’t know for certain whether the Loupe sandals would be part of the sale, I figured there was a pretty good chance. So I readied myself for battle (which is necessary in the land of Gilt) and got to clicking. As soon as the sale started, I scrolled down the page hoping to find my fuchsia footwear. There they were! Immediately, I added a pair of 6.5’s to my cart (which had never before happened on the first try!) and then took a moment to catch my breath and check out the details. I couldn’t believe my eyes! They were priced at $130! Woo hoo! Needless to say, I spared no time in making those babies mine.

So, long story short, I'll be sporting two pairs of peep-toe heels on my wedding day! I think I’ll make my way down the aisle in the ivory pair and then slip into my pink party shoes for the reception afterward. :o)

Are you planning on any "two's" for your wedding? If so, what are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment

_______________________________________________________

Powered by Blogger | Designed by Marissa Jacobs

©2009-2011, craftylovessmarty. All rights reserved.

link to Hit Counter Download