dasdfasdfasdfgasdfgasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdfsdfasdfsdfsdfsdf

5.05.2009

Our Love Runs Strong... and Long!


I just realized that in my cake-crazed, DIY-fueled scramble toward the Big Day, I've forgotten to tell you too much about my absolute favorite part of this wedding... Smarty!


I should start by sharing exactly how we ended up together. It's a long, lovely story but I'll try to keep it short. Basically, even though we've worked at the same place for nearly five years, we exchanged little more than passing glances and the occasional "hello" during the first two of those years. It wasn't until July 2006 that something finally happened.

That summer I was talked into attempting the impossible by training for a marathon. (You must understand, before then, the last time I even tried to "run" was in high school -- 10 years earlier and definitely not by choice -- for the distance of one mile, for which I remember much huffing and puffing.) Luckily, I wasn't alone in my 26.2-mile pursuit and had the mutual encouragement of everyone else in the training program, which included a familiar face: Smarty's.

After Saturday morning training runs, groups would traditionally head off to breakfast together while discussing the likes of paces, splits and intervals. Somehow, I ended up with the group at Einstein Bros. Bagels. Among that group was Smarty, with whom after a couple of weeks, I slowly began sharing details of my runs. Soon we were having running chats in the lounge at work and exchanging full-fledged smiles when crossing paths in the hall. We've been running strong ever since.

(Source: Action Sports International)

In January, I completed my fourth marathon... in the same exact way I'd finished the previous ones: with Smarty running right alongside me (long after finishing his own races, of course!). With eight full marathons to his credit, we've got quite a medal collection going. :o)

Who knew that love would find its way to me at a time when I was drenched in sweat and without a stitch of makeup?!


(Source: MarathonFoto.com)


Did your romance start in an unexpected way?


5 comments:

  1. Your story is adorable. In my opinion, if a guy falls for you without makeup and sweaty, he's defiantly a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love your love story...thank you for sharing it with us. I love that you werent sure about running and then you found love and support from an unexpected person! We met at work too! I dont know if you saw it on weddingbee but here is a link to my dress...well its a model! I forgot to take pics! She is in white but mine will be ivory! http://www.allurebridals.org/bridalbar/dresses/PDFs/W205.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I just saw a pic of yours on the lace board and let me just say...WOW! Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww~~ That is an awesome story! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Marathon love stories are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

_______________________________________________________

Powered by Blogger | Designed by Marissa Jacobs

©2009-2011, craftylovessmarty. All rights reserved.

link to Hit Counter Download