dasdfasdfasdfgasdfgasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdfsdfasdfsdfsdfsdf

5.28.2009

A Supporting Role



Ever since we finalized the details with the cake, I've been on the lookout for the perfect pedestal stand. If you'll remember my original inspiration photo from Jordan Ferney's wedding, what initially struck me was her amazing collection of milk glass stands. While the vision for our own sweet creation has seen its share of changes, one thing has remained constant: the stand.

There's just something about the graceful lines of a simple stand that ca
n elevate a cake to the next level (pun intended). I wish that I could tell you that the search has been a piece of cake (sorry, I couldn't resist!). Unfortunately, it hasn't. Don't get me wrong, I've found some GORGEOUS pedestals in the process. The only problem is that most of them have been too small! (The ones that are large enough for our 13" cake are, unfortunately, much too expensive for our remaining budget.)

While none of the following were winners in The Yorkies' search for the perfect pedestal, I think they're at least worthy of an honorable mention! :o)

First up are a lovely trio of stands from Rosanna. While the first style is my favorite in this collection, I think that the black ones would pair perfectly with a damask-themed reception.


(source)


(source)



These next two styles are from Potluck Studios. Who says cake stands have to be "bridal white"? The frilly "Flirt" would brighten up a summer wedding!


(source)



This sweet ribbon-laced set is from Two's Company. I can't tell you how much I love these!




Williams-Sonoma offers their dainty Scalloped Cake Stand in three sizes.
(source)



You know this list wouldn't be complete without including Martha Stewart's classic collection at Macy's! :o)


(source)



If you're in the market for a handmade porcelain pedestal, Lou Hanson Pottery is worth a look. The pieces are definitely an investment, but would make a lovely keepsake.


(source)



Well, friends, I've saved the best for last. These are the pedestals that have stolen my heart. Feast your eyes on the loveliness that is Clara French. My favorite style is "Beaded Bijoux", with "Petal" in a close second. (Can I tell you that I totally keep their webpage open in my browser just to listen to the Amelie soundtrack!) :o)




Did it take you a long time to find your perfect cake accessories?


3 comments:

  1. So did you buy one?!? They're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Not exactly. My mom found one large enough for our cake (14") and bought it as a gift. It's crystal, so a little different that I was looking for... but definitely nice. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ADORE cake stands. I have a vintage pink milke glass one on my dresser that I use to put my jewelery/make up brushes/getting ready paraphenalia on. I'm sure you've already checked, but Ebay has loads of cake stands.

    ReplyDelete

_______________________________________________________

Powered by Blogger | Designed by Marissa Jacobs

©2009-2011, craftylovessmarty. All rights reserved.

link to Hit Counter Download