dasdfasdfasdfgasdfgasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdfsdfasdfsdfsdfsdf

5.26.2009

A "two" bride takes two...


Remember how just the other day I was remarking about the phenomenon of brides with various two's? Well I have a little announcement to make: my shoes are no longer my only two's. Nope, I can now officially be counted among the growing population of two-dress brides. Meet Delores...




I have to admit, I wasn't terribly excited about this new development at first. You see, I'm completely and utterly in love with my wedding dress (which shall remain under wraps until after the wedding, since Mr. Yorkie has been known to sniff around the 'Bee on occasion). I honestly envisioned wearing it the entire night.

At my second fitting a little more than a week ago, though, it became painfully clear that it just wasn't meant to be. You see, after tying up the bustle, there is still about a good 12 inches of delicate fabric that trails behind me on the floor. I asked about the possibility of moving the bustle-button thingies a tad bit higher on the dress. According to the little old Cuban seamstress at the dress shop, that would somehow ruin the dress. (I've learned that you just don't question little old Cuban seamstresses. They know their stuff! I should know, Abuela Yorkie was one!)

Between the outdoor reception venue, ladies in heels, and The Yorkies' new trick, there is no way that my precious dress can survive the night unscathed. So, in an attempt to protect it from being accidentally trampled on or worse... I'm going the two-dress route and taking Delores along for the ride. I'm sure we'll get along just fine! My new plan is to wear the ceremony dress through dinner, after which I'll change into the party wear so that I can literally kick up my heels and bust a move. :o)

The upside is that now my guests will actually be able to see my fuchsia Kate Spades! Oh, and I'll also get to shop for a sweet little hair accessory to take the place of my mantilla. (I guess that'll make me a "two" bride, three times over.) The downside, though, is that I'm really going to have to pay attention to my footwork. I won't be able to hide my missteps during the dance under a long dress! Gasp!

Have you been thrown a curve with a wedding related detail?

1 comment:

  1. Oh but you're new two is oh so cute and you can show of cute shoes! I am sure you will rock you "new trick"

    ReplyDelete

_______________________________________________________

Powered by Blogger | Designed by Marissa Jacobs

©2009-2011, craftylovessmarty. All rights reserved.

link to Hit Counter Download