dasdfasdfasdfgasdfgasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdfsdfasdfsdfsdfsdf

5.24.2009

What a difference a year makes!


It's hard to believe that this photograph was taken just one year ago today! That delicious little Sprinkles cupcake served as my birthday cake. (Yup, today's my 31st birthday. I don't even want to think of what that makes me in dog years!)

So yeah, a year ago today, Mr. Yorkie and I were in Los Angeles. While turning 30 is kind of a big deal, it wasn't the reason for our trip. Nope. We were there to celebrate something more important, the wedding of one of Mr. Y's best friends, Big Don. It was the culminating event of what turned out to be one amazing week-long trip.

We started our journey in San Francisco, where Mr. Yorkie and I ran the 97th Annual Bay to Breakers 12K. There really are no adequate words to describe that experience! We saw everything from runners pushing shopping carts laden with beer kegs up the Hayes Street hill, to an entire squad of runners dressed as Star Wars Storm Troopers in Golden Gate Park, to (unfortunately) even buck-naked runners. (Well, naked except for socks and shoes, of course.) :o)


Faux fannies on the course in Golden Gate Park


While in the Bay Area, we made sure to take in a Giants game (Mr. Y's favorite team) and spent some quality time with his family that lives in Los Gatos. (Ha! The Yorkie in Los Gatos! Get it?) From there, we hit the road... Highway 1, to be exact.


Freezing our butts off in AT&T Park

We decided to take the scenic route from San Francisco to L.A., and boy, was it ever! On our first day of the drive, we made the 17-mile Drive through Pebble Beach, and made stops in Carmel and Monterey, where we checked out the aquarium. We took in a little history at a couple of missions, and ended the day in Big Sur.

I had no clue, but Mr. Y decided to surprise me with dinner at Nepenthe and a stay at the Lucia Lodge. Our little cottage, built in the 1930's was perched right near the edge of a cliff within earshot of the crashing waves below. It was the perfect birthday present!

The amazing view from our cottage!


Day two of our drive led us to out destination in Los Angeles, by way of San Simeon and Santa Barbara. If you've never made the drive down Highway 1, and have a couple of days to do it at a leisurely pace, I'd highly recommend it!

On the night of Big Don's wedding, one year ago today, I had no idea what the coming 365 days would have in store for me. Here I am, celebrating another year's passing and looking forward to yet again another wedding. This time, though, it's my own... and in less than 3 weeks! Crazy!

All I can say is I can't wait to see what this year will bring! Oh and, Big Don and Jennifer... Happy 1st Anniversary! xoxo :o)


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

_______________________________________________________

Powered by Blogger | Designed by Marissa Jacobs

©2009-2011, craftylovessmarty. All rights reserved.

link to Hit Counter Download