dasdfasdfasdfgasdfgasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdfsdfasdfsdfsdfsdf

8.03.2009

Treats for Our (Weary) Travelers


Hi there... um, it's me again. It's been a bit longer between posts than I expected. Life is just now starting to settle into a comfortable routine, so I expect to begin posting again with more frequency. (I promise!) :o\

In case you could use a little reminder, I last left off sharing about the days leading up to the wedding and the half-finished wreaths that needed wrapping up. Well, another one of our last-minute list items included assembling and delivering our out-of-town bags. (This was one detail that I'd actually considered nixing as the clock counted down.)



Knowing the lengths that many of our guests went through to get to Miami, I'm sure glad that we took the time to put the welcome bags together. You see, wicked weather in the Dallas area two days before the wedding, caused the cancellation of more than 400 flights. So many of our West Coast guests were affected, including poor FIL Yorkie who spent the night camped out on the floor in LAX. Mr. Y's cousins from northern California made it into town a mere two hours before the ceremony! Thank goodness, though, everyone eventually got here safely.

As anxious as a trip to Wal-Mart tends makes me, I managed to find just about every ingredient for our 20 OOT bags at the gigantic superstore. (There's just something about huge places crammed with so much stuff and so many people in it that makes me a bit uneasy.) So, the weekend before the wedding, with Mama Yorkie by my side, I sucked it up and piled a shopping cart full of wedding week necessities.

Our bags included:

- 2 bottles of water
- Pepperidge Farm Goldfish
- Jumbo chocolate-covered pretzels
- Miami postcard
- Florida road map
- Brochures with discounted admission to local attractions
- Welcome note (not pictured)



Goldfish for the kiddies!


The maps and brochures were collected at a turnpike rest station.


Every once in a while, an unbelievable deal comes along that just makes me super excited for finding it. You know, like snatching up a fantastic pair of shoes at a next to nothing price. Well, Wal-Mart afforded me one of those so-excited-I-could-scream moments. Those bags of chocolate-covered pretzels tied in colored raffia... um yeah, $1.50 each!!! Score! Needless to say, I immediately squirreled away 20 bags. (Thinking about it still puts a smile on my face. Sad, I know!) :o)


All of the goodies were packaged up neatly in kraft paper bags, topped with a strip of decorative paper, and tied closed with a bow. Definitely worth it!





Will you be providing something special for your traveling guests?


No comments:

Post a Comment

_______________________________________________________

Powered by Blogger | Designed by Marissa Jacobs

©2009-2011, craftylovessmarty. All rights reserved.

link to Hit Counter Download